This article explains the existing default roles in the system and how you can create a new role based on permissions.
There are four default roles in the system:
- Administrator – a role with all possible permissions in the system. An administrator can manage everything in the system.
- Instructor – a role with higher-level permissions than a regular user, instructors can manage their groups, pools, tests, and reports. However, they can only view the content not managed by them.
- Proctor – a role with permissions for monitoring tests.
- Student – a basic user that can perform in tests and view/print personal certificates.
Each role has its code. Role codes are required for loading users through an Excel file. They link users you want to load with existing roles in the application. You can edit or remove each role in the system by selecting the “pen/can” icon in the “Action” column.
- Permissions allow you to add a new role to the system. To create a new one with different permissions, select the “New role” button.
- The role name is a mandatory field. The role description field is optional.
- Each permission defines what a role can do in the application with that permission. Once you have selected the permissions that you want to grant to a new role, click on the “Create” button.
- A newly created role will be assigned a role code so that you can grant this role to users uploaded through an Excel file.
- You can assign a role to any user by selecting the ‘’Information’’ tab in the application form within a user’s profile.