This article explains how to check if the mail server in the application is set correctly.
Here are the steps you should follow:
- Check the mail server and send the test email
- Check the status of the email in the Sent emails report
- Check if the system-wide jobs are enabled on the service within the context of your application
Check the mail server and send the test email
Click on the System page from the main menu, and select the Settings and customization option.
When the page opens, navigate to the
- The System preferences tab.
- Click on the Mail server option.
- Check and update (if it’s necessary) the parameters for the mail server.
- Enter the email address you want to send a test mail and confirm it with the Send button.
You should receive the test email from the application.
Check the status of the emails in the Sent emails report
Navigate to the Reporting page and click on the Predefined reports option.
Click on the User reports page.
Open the Sent emails report.
In the report, you can see the status of all emails from the application.
If the mail server is set well, the status should be Sent successfully.
Check the service which is connected to the system
Navigate to the System page and click on the Maintenance option.
When the page opens:
- Click on the Services tab
- Find the service with the context of your application URL
- Check if the system-wide jobs are enabled with the Ping icon
- If the service is enabled, the confirmation message should appear.
For more useful instructional materials, please visit: