This article will explain to you how to connect the proctoring results with the outcome of the test.
Creating a proctored test
In proctored tests, you can set the exam outcome to depend on the proctor’s grade.
To make the test proctored, you need to check the “Proctoring mode” option in the second step of the test creation process (For more information about creating a proctored test, please see How to create, take and monitor a proctored test).
After you make the test proctored, you need to check the “Require positive proctoring report” option in the sixth step of the test creation process. If this option is checked, a positive proctoring report will be required to pass the test. Otherwise, the proctoring report will not affect the final score on the test.
After you finish the wizard, assign candidates to the testing session, and publish the test.
Grading a proctored test
Once a candidate has started the test, the proctor can grade it during the test (live) or after the test has been completed (by watching the test recording).
If the test result depends on the proctor’s grade, the possible outcomes are:
- The candidate passed the test, but the proctor’s grade was negative – the candidate failed the test.
- The candidate passed the test, and the proctor’s grade was positive – the candidate passed the test.
- The candidate did not pass the test, and the proctor’s grade was negative – the candidate failed the test.
- The candidate did not pass the test, and the proctor’s grade was positive – the candidate failed the test.
To monitor and grade the test, follow the steps:
- Choose the desired test.
- Click the “Monitoring” tab.
- Click the “Camera” icon to monitor the particular student.
- Click the “Finish” button to give a proctoring grade.
- Choose a grade. Write a comment (optional).
Note: Once you grade a test, it is possible to change the grade later (if you notice suspicious behavior).
Once the test is completed, you can open a test recording and download the candidate’s PDF proctoring report. To do so:
- Click the “Camera” icon in the Monitoring tab.
- Click the “PDF” button.
An example of the proctoring report results
For a video tutorial on how to create, take and monitor a proctored test, please watch the video.
For more useful instructional materials, please visit: