Creating a new user with a proctor role
To create a new user, access the “User profiles” page. You should hover over the “Users” tab in the main menu and then select the “User profiles” option.
- Open the “Create new user” tab.
- Enter the necessary user information.
- Set the user role to be “Proctor.”
- Click on the “Save” button.
Adding a proctor to the test
To add a new proctor, follow the steps below:
- Navigate to the “Tests” section in the main menu and select “Manage tests.”
- Choose the desired test.
- Open the “Proctors” tab.
- Select the session you want to add a proctor to.
- Click the “Assign proctors” button.
- Select the proctor you want to add.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
Test from the proctor perspective
Proctor can see tests where he is assigned as a proctor.
In the “Monitoring” tab, the proctor can:
- Pause session – Pause the session for a user during test-taking and write the reason for the pause. The candidate will see the message proctor has provided and will not be able to continue the test as long as the session is paused.
- Details – View the progress of a particular candidate. By clicking this button, the proctor can track the candidate’s event log and view each test question’s status.
- Pause – Allows proctor to pause the test for each candidate separately. Proctor can also send a message to the candidate with an explanation for the test pausing.
- This option allows the proctor to prohibit a candidate from taking the test. To allow the candidate to take the test, later on, he should click again on the same icon.
- This option allows the proctor to view the candidate’s progress live or see the proctor report for the candidate.
In the “Candidates” tab, the proctor can:
- Reset the test attempt for the candidate.
- Change session for the candidate.
- Allow a candidate to continue the test.
Proctor cannot change the test settings and testing sessions.