This article will explain two ways you can add test results to the application.
Creating a CSV file
Once you have created and published the test (For more information, on how to create a simple test, please visit How to create a simple test without sections and assign candidates to it), you can import the test results using a Scantron machine or Excel files. This allows you to transfer results from paper to electronic form.
To do this:
– If you use a Scantron machine, scan the results, and convert them to CSV files.
– If you do not have a Scantron machine, create an Excel file manually and follow the instructions:
- In the first column, enter the usernames of all candidates who took the test.
- Leave the next two columns blank.
- The fourth column should contain the answer a candidate gave to the first question in the test.
- The fifth column represents the answer to the second question etc.
- If the candidate answered with the first offered answer, enter letter A. If he/she selected the second answer, enter B, etc.
- If multiple answers were selected, you need to enter a space between the letters (as shown in the picture).
- After entering the answers to all questions, save the file as CSV.
Adding the test results into the application
To import a CSV file in the application, follow the instructions below:
- Go to the Manage tests page on the main menu.
- Choose the desired test.
- Click the “Candidates” tab.
- Select the desired session and the list of candidates will be displayed.
- Click the “Data Transfer” button, and select the “Import Scantron results“ option.
If you do not see the “Import Scantron results” option, the test contains questions types that are not supported. It is possible to import test results for a single choice, multiple-choice, and true/false questions, and only for a test without sections.
- Click the “Select file” button to choose the CSV file.
- Click the “Upload” button to import the test results.
After uploading, you will be able to see the reports of the candidates whose results you have added.