This article explains how to create unlimited or limited versions of the same test by using a test generator. This method includes importing questions from questin pools instead of adding the questions manually.
Creating a test using the test generator
To start the test creation process, follow the instructions linked below:
In the fourth step of Test Creation Wizard, the “Method”, choose the “Use the test generator” option.
- Click the “Add question pool” button to include questions from as many question pools as you wish. The system will use questions from selected pools to generate different versions of the test.
- Click on the drop-down menu to view all available pools in the system.
- Select the desired question pool.
- Choose the number of easy questions that will be imported from the selected pool to the test.
- Choose the number of medium questions that will be imported from the selected pool to the test.
- Choose the number of hard questions that will be imported from the selected pool to the test.
- Click the “Save” button.
- Edit your settings or delete added question pools by clicking the pencil or trash icon.
- Click “Next” to proceed to the next step of the Test Wizard.
- Define the number of different test versions that will be created. There can be an unlimited number of dynamically generated versions, or you can define the exact number of versions.
- Define the number of points per question difficulty category – points a candidate will achieve for answering correctly easy, medium, and hard questions
- Define the number of penalty points per question difficulty category – points a candidate will achieve for answering incorrectly easy, medium, and hard questions.
- Click “Next” to proceed.
Continue the test creation following the instructions from the articles below:
For more related instructional materials, please visit:
For a video tutorial on how to create a test using a test generator please watch the video.