This article explains how to add a new user manually.
Accessing user profiles
To access the user profiles page, navigate to the Users in the application’s left-side menu, and select the User profiles tab.
Creating new user
A new user’s profile is created by entering the user’s personal information and a password and assigning a role. The system will notify new users by email that their profile has been created.
Once you access the User profiles page, you should:
- Click on the Create new user tab
- By activating Basic info only, you will see only the basic information about the user, such as username, password and expiration date, role, status, time zone, name, and email.
- Enter the username that will be unique for each user and cannot be changed.
- Choose the desired option. Generated – The user receives a generated password or Manually inserted– You create a password.
- Enter a password. (If you choose the Manually inserted option).
- Confirm the entered password. (If you choose the Manually inserted option).
- Set the expiration date for the password. The system will remind the user when to change the password.
- Set the user’s role in the system. You can choose between the predefined roles or make your own. For more information, see the roles and permissions video.
- Select the user’s account status:
- Active – for all users who can log into the system with their username and password.
- Suspended – for all users who are prohibited from entering the system by an administrator.
- Locked – for all users who cannot enter the system because they have typed in the wrong password several times.
The administrator can change the user status anytime and view user details regardless of the current user status.
- Set the Time zone according to the user’s current place of residence.
- Enter the first name.
- Enter the last name.
- Enter the user’s email address.
- Add a profile picture optionally.
- Click the Save button to create a profile.
You can also watch the following video for step-by-step instructions.