This article explains how to create a simple test without sections and assign candidates.
You can access the Create test wizard from the homepage:
- Select the Create quick action button to create a new test.
- Navigate to the Tests tab in the application’s left-side menu and select the New test option.
In YouTestMe GetCertified, you can create the tests:
- With sections
- Without sections
Sections could represent different areas of knowledge or topics the test covers. If you leave the Test with sections checkbox empty, you will create a test without sections.
Below you can find the instruction on how to create a test without sections. In this case, “Create Test Wizard” is divided into seven steps.
- Test information.
- Add questions.
- Save test.
You can add all questions you want to use in your test on this page.
Here is an example of how to add a single-choice question.
Once you fill in the question text field, add answer choices, and select the correct answer. Add the question to the test by clicking the Add to test button on the page’s bottom.
The next step in the test creation process is Review. It contains a summary of the test settings and a list of questions or question pools used. If satisfied with your test settings, you can press the Next button to continue the test creation process. If you want to make changes to the existing test, you can still go back and edit them.
The last step in the test creation process is the saving of the test:
- You can save the test settings as a test template
- Click the Finish wizard button to save your test
The testing sessions module allows you to organize the test for candidates located at different locations (e.g., different time zones, states, continents, etc.).
To create a new testing session:
- Click on the New testing session button or
- Click on the Load testing sessions button to load testing sessions using the predefined excel template.
- Choose the session you want to assign candidates by clicking on the Plus icon.
- Click on the Assign candidates button.
After that, a pop-up window will appear where you should:
- Mark the users you want to add to the session.
- Click on the Confirm button.
Once you finish the test creation, the test needs to be published so the candidates can start the test.
- Select the Assignments tab and then the My tests tab.
- In the search bar, search for the desired test and select the Start option from the list of assignments for the test you want to take.
Note: For further information, please watch this video tutorial on creating a simple test without sections and assigning candidates.
For more information, please check out this video.