This article explains the LRS integration with GetCertified and assures that the test results sending process goes successfully.
Sending the test results to LRS ensures:
- Uploading all the results candidates made on the test.
- Making the test results available as the statements recorded by LRS.
The LRS settings assure the manager of a test to send each candidate’s test results into the LRS system and track each candidate’s success.
The given explanation is just an example of the SCORM Cloud integration with GetCertified. You can use any other Learning Record Store that supports Tin Can API (xAPI).
Before creating this configuration, please:
- Make sure that you have shared credentials for SCORM Cloud and log in https://app.cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/SignInForm
Enter Learning Record Store (LRS) parameters
When you log in to the YTM application, navigate to the:
- “System” page.
- Choose the “Integrations” option.
When the page opens, go to the “LRS settings” tab:
- Add “API endpoint”.
- Add “API key”.
- Add “API secret key”.
- Save the changes with the “Confirm” button.
How to fill in the mandatory fields
- Log in to the SCORM Cloud: https://app.cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/SignInForm.
- Click on the “xAPI LRS” tab:
- Navigate to the:
- “LRS Endpoints” tab.
- Copy the “Initial Application Realm” URL.
- Paste it to the YTM application into the “API endpoint” field.
API key and API secret key
Navigate to the:
- “Activity Providers” tab.
- Select the “Add Activity Provider” button.
- Copy the created “Key” and add it to the YTM application in the “API key” field.
- Copy the created “Secret” and add it to the YTM application in the “API secret key” field.
Now that you entered all configuration data save the changes by clicking on the “Confirm” button.
Send the test results
Go to the “Manage test” option. Choose the desired test. The important is that candidates already took the test, so the results already exist in the application.
- Navigate to the “Candidates” tab.
- Click on the “Data transfer” option.
- Click on the “Send test results to LRS”.
Once you send the results, go to the SCORM Cloud https://app.cloud.scorm.com/sc/guest/SignInForm.
- Navigate to the “xAPI LRS” in the main menu.
- Choose the “LRS Viewer” tab.
- Choose the right endpoint from the drop-down menu (the one we used for integration).
- Click on the “Refresh” button.
- The list of information about which questions the candidate has answered and that the candidate has completed the test should appear.
For more related instructional materials, please visit: