This article explains how to change the status of the user in the system. There are two options to change the user status:
- Change the user’s status from the “List of all users” tab.
- Visit the user’s profile and change the status of a user.
Change user’s status from the “List of all users” tab
Navigate to Users/User profiles and move to the “List of all users” tab.
- Search for a user from a drop-down menu.
- Select one user.
- Click the “Set status to” button.
Choose from the drop-down list the following options:
- “Active” -if you select the option, you will activate the user.
- “Locked” – if you select the option, you will lock the user, and he won’t be able to login to the application until he doesn’t get unlocked by the administrator or changes his password and receives a new one on email.
- “Suspended”– if you select the option, you will suspend the user and he won’t be able to login to the application ever. The user can log in only if you don-t active his account again.
- “Inactive” – if you select this option, you will change the user’s status to inactive, and his access to the application is denied. Anytime you can activate the user again.
To activate an inactive user, you should:
- Click the “Show inactive users” option.
- Search for a user.
- Set status as “Active”.
Change a user’s status from the user’s profile
To visit the user’s profile:
- Search for a user from a table.
- Click the username to visit the user’s profile.
On the user’s profile select, click the “Options” button and select one of the following options from the drop-down list:
- “Suspend”– The suspended user is prohibited from entering the application.
- “Lock” – The locked user cannot enter the system and has to create a new password to log in.
- “Deactivate” – The user becomes inactive and excluded from any processing in the system forever, or until it is activated again.
- “Delete”– Permanently delete the user profile. The user profile and all data associated with the profile will be deleted from the system.