This article explains the existing default roles in the system and how you can create a group manager security role using permissions.
Create a new role
To create a new role and modify permissions, choose Users – Roles and permissions from the drop-down menu.
There are four default roles in the system:
- Administrator – This is a role that has all permissions in the system. An administrator can access every part of the system.
- Instructor – This is a role with higher-level permissions than a regular user. Instructors can manage their groups, pools, tests, and reports. However, they can only view the content not managed by them.
- Student – This is a role with necessary permissions. The user with a student role can perform in tests and view/print personal certificates.
- Proctor – This a role with higher-level permissions than a regular user. Proctors can view tests where they are assigned as proctors and candidate progress on these tests.
Each role has its code. Role codes are required for loading users through an Excel file. They link users you
want to load with existing roles in the application. On the “Roles and permissions” panel, you can :
- Click the “New role” button to create a new role with different permissions.
- Select the “pen” icon in the “Action” column to edit the existing role in the system.
- Select the “can” icon in the “Action” column to delete the existing role in the system.
Create a new role
Click the “New role” button and fill in the following data:
- Enter the Role name.
- Enter a description (optional field).
Permissions allow you to perform any of the actions selected for the specific role. Each permission defines what a role can do in the application with that permission. Once you have selected the permissions, you can grant a new role and click the “Create” button.
Note: The list of permissions you need to select for creating a Group manager role are: Permission 1 – Log in and the set of permissions from number 17. to the number 20.
A newly created role will be assigned a role code so that you can grant this role to users uploaded through an Excel file.
You can assign a role to any user by selecting the “Information” tab in the application form within a