This article explains how to create user with proctor role and assign it to test. Proctors’ role is to monitor candidates during the test-taking process, making sure candidates do not cheat or manipulate the test in any way.
Creating a new user with a proctor role
To create a new user, hover over the “Users” tab in the main menu and select “User profiles”.
- Navigate to the “Create new user” tab.
- Enter the necessary user information. Required fields are marked with an asterisk.
- Set the user role to be “Proctor.”
- Click on the “Save” button.
Adding a proctor to the test
To add a new proctor:
- Navigate to the “Tests” tab in the main menu and select “Manage tests.”
- Choose the desired test.
- Navigate to the “Proctors” tab.
- Select the session you want to add a proctor to.
- Click the “Assign proctors” button.
- Find and select the proctor you want to add.
- Click the “Confirm” button.
Test from the proctor’s perspective
Proctor can see tests where he is assigned as a proctor.
In the “Monitoring” tab, the proctor can:
- Pause session – Pause the session for a user during test-taking and write the reason for the pause. The candidate will see the message proctor has provided and will not be able to continue the test as long as the session is paused.
- The “Open manual monitoring report” option allows proctors to note suspicious behavior during live proctoring sessions manually.
- This option allows proctors to give additional 5 minutes to a candidate in real-time. This option only works if the candidate is currently taking a test. It can be used an unlimited number of times.
- Details – View the progress of a particular candidate. By clicking this button, the proctor can track the candidate’s event log and view each test question’s status.
- Pause – Allows a proctor to pause the test for each candidate separately. Proctor can also send a message to the candidate with an explanation for the test pausing.
- This option allows proctors to prohibit a candidate from taking the test. To allow the candidate to take the test, later on, he should click again on the same icon.
- This option allows proctors to view the candidate’s progress live or see the proctor report for the candidate.
- This option allows proctors to grade a candidate’s behavior during or after the test.
In the “Candidates” tab, the proctor can:
- Reset the test attempt for the candidate.
- Change session for the candidate.
- Allow a candidate to continue the test.
Note: Proctor cannot change the test settings and testing sessions.
For more useful articles, please watch: