This article explains how to create a testing location.
About testing locations
Creating a testing location facilitates scheduling tests. Combined with the testing sessions feature, it allows the effective creation of tests for different user groups at different locations.
Each location can be a physical location or a virtual room. It has a predefined time zone and assigned proctors who supervise the test.
If you select the location when scheduling a testing session, note that all settings of the testing location will be applied to the testing session, particularly:
- The proctors assigned to the location automatically become the proctors of that testing session.
- The time zone of the location automatically becomes the session time zone.
Accessing the page
Hover over the E-testing center tab in the left-side menu and select the Testing locations tab.
On this page, you can:
- Click the Load locations button to load locations with addresses using the predefined excel template.
- Create a new testing location by clicking the Create new button.
- Preview a list of all locations in the system (created by you or other users).
- Preview a list of locations you created.
- Edit the existing testing location by clicking the Pencil icon in the Actions option.
- Specify the address of the location.
- Define location rooms.
- Create a common testing session for all assignments conducted at this location.
- Open a calendar to preview the testing schedule for this testing location.
- Delete the current testing location by clicking the Trash can icon in the Actions option.
- Download a list of testing locations by clicking the Export as Excel button
- Download a list of testing locations by clicking the Export as PDF button.
Creating a new testing location
After clicking the Create new button, you should fill in the following fields in a pop-up window to create a new testing location:
- Name – enter the name of the testing location.
- External ID – enter the external ID of the testing session optionally.
- Time zone – choose a time zone corresponding to the testing location.
- Description – enter the description to provide more information about the testing location.
- Define capacity – select Unlimited or Set limit to the capacity of the desired testing location.
- Upload – Upload a picture for the desired testing location optionally.
- Create – click the Create button to save the new testing location.
- Cancel – click the Cancel button to discard the testing location in the creation process.
Assigning proctors to a testing location
To assign proctors to the locations, select the E-testing center tab in the left-side menu and select the Common sessions tab. Select the desired common session.
Select the View all/Edit option to open the dialog from whom you will choose the proctors for the desired common session.
When a created location is assigned to a testing session, the proctors for that location will automatically become the session proctors as well.
For more related instructional materials, please visit: