This article explains how to create global self-enrollment sessions. It will make tests available for all users in the system. Additionally, the article will explain how to make a test available for a specific user group.
Creating a test
You can create whatever test you want, with or without sections.
For more information on how to create different tests, please see:
Creating a testing session
Once you finish the test wizard, you need to create a test session.
To create a global self-enrollment testing session:
- Open the desired test.
- Navigate to the “Testing sessions” tab.
- Click the “New testing session” button.
- Enter a testing session name.
- Optionally, choose the testing location.
- Select starting and ending time for this session.
- Enable the “Candidate self-enrollment” option.
- Click the “Save” button to create a global self-enrollment session.
You can create as many testing sessions as you want. They can be global, assigned to a specific user group, or particular candidates.
Creating testing session for specific user group
To create a testing session for a specific user group, while creating a session, you need to choose the desired user group (marked in the picture below), then set other settings as explained above.
Displaying testing sessions for users
Once you create a global testing session, it will be available for all users in the system (without assigning them individually). All of them will be able to start the test within the allotted time.
If you create a self-enrollment testing session and assign a user group to it, all users from that user group will be able to start the test within the allotted time (without assigning them individually).
But, if you create a testing session without the self-enrollment option enabled, you have to assign the desired users to the session manually, and only those users will be able to start the test.
Notifying users about a test
In order for users to receive an email when a global session is published, you need to turn on notification.
To enable notification:
- Hover over the “Settings” button in the main menu and select “System settings”.
- Navigate to the “Notifications” tab.
- Check the “Send email notifications to users upon creating or publishing of global self-enrollment testing/survey sessions” option.
Once you publish the test by clicking the “Publish test” button, all users will be notified by email that the test is available for test-taking.
For a video tutorial on how to create an open access test, please watch the video.
For more useful instructional materials, please visit: